Citizenship & PR Renewals

Whether you would like to apply for your Canadian Citizenship or renew your permanent residence card, we can help you.

1.Canadian Citizenship

In order to be eligible to become a Canadian Citizen an individual must meet certain conditions. A person must qualify in a number of areas such as age, permanent residence status, physical time spent in Canada, language abilities, have no criminal prohibitions and have an adequate knowledge of Canada.

2. PR Card Renewal

Once you are a Permanent Resident of Canada, you will receive wallet size PR Card as a proof that you are a permanent resident of Canada. If you leave Canada, you will need this card to re-enter the country and to prove your permanent resident status.

Permanent residents who do not have a PR card, or who are not carrying their PR card when traveling outside the country, will need to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document before returning to Canada by air travel in order to comply with electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) requirements.

Although you do not lose your permanent resident status automatically if your PR card expires, it is of utmost importance to renew your PR card before it expires (every five years). Renewing your PR card in time will avoid issues and stress if you need to travel – planned or unplanned – while your PR card is expired. Processing times for PR renewals can take several months.

In order to renew you PR Card, you must comply with the residency obligations to remain in good standing.


1How long must I stay in Canada to keep my permanent resident status?
To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. During this time you must be here physically.The two years may not need to be continuous.
2I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
Under Canadian law, you can be both a Canadian citizen and a citizen of another country. However, some countries won’t let you keep their citizenship if you become a Canadian citizen. The consulate or embassy of your other country of citizenship can tell you whether this applies to you.

Immigration News

    Your questions are not answered here?